A Comprehensive FAQ Section
Common Questions and Answers
Mold produces mycotoxins as a natural defense mechanism to protect itself from other microbes and to help it compete for resources in its environment.
It’s concerning to know that mycotoxins, which are only 0.1 microns in size, cannot be filtered out by even the most advanced filtration systems such as HEPA filters. Although HEPA filters can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns, they are not effective in removing mycotoxins from the air. In fact, studies have shown that when mold spores and dust particles carrying mycotoxins come into contact with these types of filters, the mycotoxins are stripped from those particles and released back into the air as “clean” air. Unfortunately, our testing has indicated that these filters actually pose a higher risk to our exposure to mycotoxins than not using them at all.
Our company takes pride in providing the quickest turnaround time in the industry, with a timeframe of 3-5 days. We recognize the significance of receiving your report and ensuring your safe return to your residence or establishment.
We apologize for the inconvenience and are diligently working to expand our network of Respirare certified environmental testing companies nationwide. While this may take some time, we appreciate your patience and encourage you to complete our service location request form to assist us in getting a provider in your area as soon as possible Thank you for your understanding!
If you suspect that your indoor environment may be contaminated with mold, getting an AMEA or MESA test can help identify the presence of mycotoxins in the air and on surfaces. This can be especially important if you or someone in your household is experiencing unexplained symptoms such as headaches, respiratory issues, or fatigue. By getting an AMEA or MESA test, you can take proactive steps to protect your health and wellbeing, and ensure a safe and healthy living environment.
Mold is a type of fungus that can grow on surfaces in moist environments. Mycotoxins are toxic substances produced by some types of mold. While not all molds produce mycotoxins, exposure to mycotoxins can cause a range of health problems, including respiratory issues, skin irritation, and even neurological damage. It’s important to identify and address mold growth in indoor environments to minimize the risk of mycotoxin exposure.